What is International Helmet Awareness Day?
In 2010, Riders4Helmets hosted the first national event designed to educate equestrians on the benefits of wearing a properly fitting, secured and certified helmet. The event brought over 300 U.S.-based retailers and eight helmet manufacturers together, to help educate their customers on topics such as correct helmet fit and why wearing a helmet is important.
Since that day, Riders4Helmets expanded the event globally. Riders4Helmets International Helmet Awareness Day 2012 received support from 10 helmet manufacturers and more than 600 equestrian retailers in the USA, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom. We are expecting even more growth globally for our 2013 event.
www.riders4helmets.com is receiving 46,000 unique visitors per month at this time.
Which Helmet Manufacturers are Participating? (this list will be updated as additional manufacturers sign-on)
- Antarès Sellier
- Aussie Rider
- Charles Owen
- Devon Aire
- International Riding Helmets (IRH)
- KEP Italia
- LAS Helmets (Leslie Sutcliffe)
- One K
What are the benefits to Participating Retailers?
- Getting on our retailer map will allow equestrians who are looking to replace their helmet, or purchase a new helmet, to easily find you on International Helmet Awareness Day.
- Opportunity to participate in an Internationally recognized event.
- Provide valuable education to your customers on the benefits of wearing a correctly fitting, secured, and certified helmet (Riders4Helmet will provide educational brochures and a CD).
- Build and strengthen relationships with your customers by offering a one-time special discount to your customers on International Helmet Awareness Day. NOTE: Only retailers who register on this website will be eligible to receive a discount on helmet orders placed with participating helmet manufacturers.
- Riders4Helmets will provide event logo’s for your use (please email email@example.com).
- Riders4Helmets will promote any special events that participating retailers intend to host in their stores and will feature any post-event photographs, videos (such as helmet fitting demo’s) or write-ups submitted to us.
When Is International Helmet Awareness Day 2013?
- International Helmet Awareness Day 2013 will be held on Saturday June 22nd.
- PLEASE DO NOT release the date of the event to your customers until May 25th, when Riders4Helmets will officially announce the date to equestrians around the globe by way of a press release.
How do I register as a participating retailer?
- Registration takes less than a minute.
- Only retailers who register to participate in the event via this website will be recognized as an official participating retailer. NOTE: Only retailers who register on this website AND pay the registration fee will be eligible to receive a discount on helmet orders placed with participating helmet manufacturers. Please register no later than June 14th, 2013 (cut off date for USA/UK) in order to be guaranteed your brochures and CD. We will still make every effort after this date to get your items to you but cannot gaurantee that you will receive them.
- If you have more than two retail stores, please contact us directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering.
- To register as a participating retailer select one of the two option below.
- The nominal fee covers the cost of printing & mailing educational materials. All payments are in US $’s and are processed by PayPal, but you do not need an account with PayPal to complete your transaction. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover cards are accepted. (Please contact us with any questions.)
NOTE: You will only appear on the participating retailer map after you have completed the registration form and paid the fee for literature.
$25 Basic Listing: We will mail you 50 educational safety brochures and one CD.
$50 Featured Listing: We will mail you 100 educational safety brochures and one CD.
How will equestrians know which retailers are participating?
- Equestrians will be able to search for their nearest participating retailer either by “retailer name” or by entering their address using the search function on this website.
What should I do in my retail store on International Helmet Awareness Day?
- It is suggested that participating retailers conduct helmet fitting demonstrations in their stores on International Helmet Awareness Day. Even equestrians who currently own a helmet do not necessarily have a correctly fitting one and this can put them at risk in the event of an accident.
- Riders4Helmets will provide educational safety brochures and a CD featuring videos featuring a variety of topics to each registered participating retailer (see details below) for you to use at your discretion.
- PLEASE NOTE: When referring to the event on your website or in print, please use the correct and full event name “Riders4Helmets International Helmet Awareness Day 2013″ in recognition of Riders4Helmets.
How can I follow International Helmet Awareness Day 2013 updates?
- Retailers are encouraged to visit Riders4Helmets.com on a regular basis for updates with regards to the event.
- Riders4Helmets will host a series of live educational webinars on Riders4Helmets.com during the 2013 Riders4Helmets International Helmet Awareness Day that will feature a variety of experts.
Riders4Helmets was founded in early 2010 after Olympic dressage rider Courtney King-Dye was seriously injured in a riding accident. King-Dye, who remained in a coma for a month following her accident, was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident and continues to undergo rehabilitation. The goal of the Riders4Helmets Campaign is to educate equestrians on the benefits of wearing a properly fitted and secured, certified helmet. Please visit our website at riders4helmets.com. You can also follow the campaign at www.facebook.com/riders4helmets and http://twitter.com/riders4helmets.