Helmet Manufacturers to offer discounts globally through participating retailers
Lexington, KY (June 6th)- Riders4Helmets.com has teamed up with leading helmet manufacturers around the globe to host International Helmet Awareness Day 2012 on June 9th. In addition to the education events that are happening throughout the day, participating retailers around the world will be offering special discounts on helmets to equestrians on June 9th. You can find a participating retailer near you by visiting www.riders4helmets.com/ihad.
“In addition to dedicating International Helmet Awareness Day 2012 to Courtney King-Dye, we are proud to also dedicate it to Dr Craig Ferrell, US Equestrian Team Physician and Chair FEI Medical Council, who sadly passed away on May 28th,” said Lyndsey White, Riders4Helmets. “Dr Ferrell worked with us on the Riders4Helmets campaign for two years and we intend to continue to grow the campaign globally in his honor.”
Helmet brands that have committed involvement in International Helmet Awareness Day 2012 to date include: Samshield, Troxel, Charles Owen, GPA, Aegis (Devon-Aire), Pegasus, Tipperary, Ovation, IRH, One K, Antarès Sellier France and KEP Italia in the USA & Canada. In the UK, Charles Owen, Champion Hats, Gatehouse and LeslieSutcliffe.biz (UK distributor for LAS) have all signed up and Troxel is participating in Australia.
“Riders4Helmets will be live streaming “Get Educated” webinars on Saturday June 9th, in which equestrians will have the opportunity to ask a variety of experts questions. All USA times are Eastern Standard Time. You can sign up for the talks at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/385029170. Space is limited, so be sure to sign up early. (Special thanks to EquestrianProfessional.com for helping bring these educational events to you.) In case you miss the live webinars, we will be posting videos of them at Riders4Helmets.com post-event. Participating speakers include:
All USA times are eastern standard time
- 9am USA/2pm UK Mr Michael Whitlock MD FRCS FFAEM, Consultant Emergency Medicine, London – “The Importance of Helmets”
- 10am USA/3pm UK Lee Middleton – “Point Two – Advances in Body Protector Technology”
- 11am USA/4pm UK Roy Burek, Charles Owen “Helmet Fitting and When To Replace A Helmet”
- 12pm USA/5pm Jon Graham, Neurophysio and Clinical Director of Physiofunction “The TBI Rehab Journey including latest technology … a journey best avoided”
- 2pm USA/7pm UK Olympian and TBI Survivor Darren Chiacchia – “Accidents Happen To Anybody, Including Olympians”
- 3pm USA/9pm UK Olympian and TBI Survivor Courtney King Dye – “My Story”
- 4pm USA/10pm UK Mental Skills Coach Tonya Johnston – “Getting Equestrians To Wear Helmets”
- 7pm USA/12am UK Lucinda Green MBE “Role Models”
Riders4Helmets was founded in early 2010 after Olympic dressage rider Courtney King Dye was seriously injured in a riding accident. King Dye, who remained in a coma for a month following her accident, was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, and is still undergoing rehabilitation.